Angeles University Foundation was established on May 25, 1962, and was granted University status on April 16, 1971, by the Department of Education, Culture and Sports, the Philippines.
The Angeles University Foundation School of Medicine (AUF-SOM) was established in June 1983 by the authority of the Board of Medical Education and the Department of Education, Culture, and Sports with Dr. Rodolfo C. Dimayuga as founding dean, Dr. Presentacion C. Peralta as assistant dean and concurrently school secretary, and a faculty of 18, eight of whom boast of 20 years teaching experience. The AUF-SOM was initially housed in the AUF San Lorenzo Ruiz Building until it was gutted down by fire in 1993. This tragedy gave way to the construction of a new health sciences building which now houses the AUF-SOM office, lecture rooms and laboratories.
Eligibility Criteria of Medical Council of India
- 12th with Biology
- General Category: Minimum aggregate 50% in PCB with practical
- Reserve Categories: Minimum aggregate 40% in PCB with practical.
- NEET Qualified if the student wants to come back and sit for the screening test in India.
Important Information about Admission & Visa process:
- The Study Program at AUF, as recognised by MCI as equivalent to MBBS Degree in India, is comprise of three semesters of Pre-med and Eight semesters of Medicine.
- No IELTS, No TOEFL exam required.
- Visa process is very simple and will be taken care by us
About Cost of Education & Food & Accommodation:
- The Tuition Fee of AUF is to be paid in 11 installments in 5.5 years, directly to University every six month.
- Food and hostel fee also to be paid directly to college every six months.
- Approximate Annual Cost/Budget: If you add all the above expenses, for the whole duration of the studies at AUF, including all the compulsory expenses like Admission Process, College fee, Visa related expenses, Hostel Fees, Food Mess Charges, Text Books, Examination fees, Insurance, Air Travels etc, you can plan to spend around Rs. 5,50,000/- annually or you can say about Rs. 2,75,000/- per semester (half yearly).
- Direct Admission through the University’s own Authorized Admission office in India